Wednesday, January 31, 2007
CSI
I was watching CSI on Spike last night and a quote that Gil Grissom said hit me and started to get me to think. He said, "Heraclites once said, "It is in changing that we find purpose."" For those of you who don't know what CSI is it is a television show where people solve crimes using forensic evidence. Gil Grissom is the head leader of a group of Crime Scene Investigators stationed in Las Vegas, Nevada. He says this to his old team members when they are switched to another shift. Anyway I liked this quote because it hit me as a very good quote that relates to our essential questions. If it is the act of changing that we find our purpose than we can never be quite sure about what our true purpose is until we change. But would that purpose be a way to find our own way back to how we were before we changed? Would we know what our purpose is after we changed? We can't just wake up one day and say I have changed now I have purpose. It is a gradual thing that we really don't have much control over. Couldn't it be the other way around to couldn't we be changing because of our purpose? These are just some thoughts about this quote that I had. However I am not saying that when we do change we don't have a new purpose maybe it is that in changing we achieved our old purpose and need a new one?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Maika, this is Stacy from Mr.B's class.
Well reading your post, i really liked how you thought of the line, "Heraclites once said, "It is in changing that we find purpose." It if were me i probably had passed it as if its just one of the lines, not really think about it. Anyways, reading your post it really made me think, also made me think different of CSI, one of my favorite TV shows. So really, why do people change for purposes? I'll ask that to myself, and anyways great post!
Post a Comment