Sunday, February 18, 2007
Mark Twain "The War Prayer"
For Christmas one of my friends gave me a book called "W.C. Privy's Original Big Fat Bathroom Companion." It is basically a collection of short stories, interesting facts and stuff that you really don't need to know, stuff that one would read if they are on the toilet in the bathroom I guess. Although one doesn't have to be in the bathroom to read it I think. Well anyway I was reading it and I came across a short story by Mark Twain called "The War Prayer" that was written in the time of the Philippines American war and unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it still has relevance today. Well you listen to the morale that the story tries to show or just read it as another good reading by an excellent author you decide. I think that this story does play an important part in the thinking of this war that has gone on for quite some time. But I think that since we have started we should not just leave the people in the other nations like that wartorn and full of hatred we shouold finish the job that we started just keep this story in mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment