This I believe
I believe in Spam musubi. Not just any kind of spam musubi but spam cut thinly, fried in a teriyaki sauce on a bed of steamed white rice and wrapped in nori. I think that spam musubi represents me in many ways, china was one of the first producers of rice and they still produce the most and Japan was the inventer of the musubi. Also the Spam was invented here in the U.S.A. and is a part of our culture. Since I am three quarters Chinese and one quarter Japanese and live in America it represents me well.
I decided to change this up a bit because i thought about it and decided that i believed in something a little more so here it is i will keep working on it so if you have a ny suggestion that would help.
This I believe
I believe in wrestling. I have been a wrestler for about six years now and I am still constantly learning new things about life and the way that I should live in it a lot of that time was during wrestling, during the times that we practiced with all the sweat blood and tears, during the competitions and during the time that my teammates and I are with each other. I believe in wrestling and the life lessons that it teaches us. It had helped me to turn from an immature young boy who didn’t really have a purpose in the world into a young man with a mission. Wrestling has taught me to never give up, that the times when someone hits a wall in life to break through it and when you fall to come back running. There are plenty of times when we as wrestlers could just give up and lose the match because our body says that we are tired but we don’t because our minds tell us that we are not. If everyone could learn to break through there own limitations that they put on themselves than we would truly be a great race. Another lesson that wrestling has taught me was that handwork does pay off and that when one says that they are going to do something they do it. One of the best things that I like about wrestling is that it is one of the few sports that is totally up to the individual but at the same time it is a team sport. In a sense it is an individual sport because it is one on one in the center of the mat, an all out war against two people. However, it is also a teamsport because the practices that we do as a team helps us to become a great individual wrestler. Also the team support plays a big part in the performance of the individual. If everybody was a wrestler everyone would be hardworking and disciplined and working to fulfill their own goals. Because of all these I believe in wrestling.
Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Maika. Just doing my homework and leaving someone a comment on their blog. I tihnk I'm supposed to comment in class... well I'll comment somebody outside of class too just in case. ANYWAY, Your this I believes are pretty good. I think you should stick to wrestling unless you can build alot more off your spam musubi idea. Since you been doing wrestling for a long time and you like doing it, I think it would be so much easier for you to write about something you like to do rather than a food that you like. Hope that helped
Post a Comment